Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Memento


me·men·to [muh-men-toh]


noun, plural me·men·tos, me·men·toes.

Notes from class:















Process pictures:











    For the Memento project I created a non-representational piece to signify a memory of my great grandmother. Since purple was her favorite color, on her 98th birthday we released purple balloons into the sky and made a wish. Now every year on her birthday my grandma and I release purple balloons in memory of her. The sphere shape represents represents a round balloon. I designed it with a hole so you could see inside to represents capturing a memory, and the air in which makes the balloon float. The purple threat that belonged to my great grandma represents her, and the way I threaded it represents the different paths of our relationship as well as our relationship with other family members.




 


Drawings
























No comments:

Post a Comment