Monday, September 9, 2013

Elements and Principles in 3D


Progress Pictures:




Final projects 


                 For my first Balsa wood sculpture represents rhythm. I started out with a solid piece of wood and built it up using diagonal blocks decreasing in size as they went up. It created an interesting spiral shape.  



      
                

  

         
                    When I started my 2nd balsa wood sculpture i wasn't sure which design element I wanted to use. As I began working I started carving into the wood and then began to include different texture throughout. Therefor making my element of design texture.                              

          







                   In my 3rd sculpture I wanted it to represent scale but wasn't sure how. I started out with the smaller sphere and then replicated it in a bigger size. I kept it very simple so the two spheres would pop out.




                      For my final project I created three long V shapes with pieces cut out and surrounded by tape to make a cool see through effect. I then put them on a base. This is supposed to represent pattern since the three V shapes share the same pattern of tape and wood. 



Drawings




     

No comments:

Post a Comment