Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Paper Stacking

In Progress:



Finished:

When doing my paper stacking project the biggest obstacle I faces was trying to get the grooves to match with the real pumpkin. I also had trouble with the indention at the top where the stem went. I solved these problems by shaving the paper down using the dremel tool. Something I found unique about my final project was that since I used minimal glue you can see each layer of the paper.





Non representational:
For my nonrepresentational piece I was inspired by shells which then led to interest in spiral staircases. I created this spiraling organic piece and then added blue and green to it which I though made it look like a representation of ocean waves. Once this was complete I still felt like the piece was unfinished and needed something more so I attached a smaller version of the spiral with clear string to make it seem as if it is hanging free.





Drawings










No comments:

Post a Comment